Spa industry in the Philippines receives enormous growth
Intelligent Spas has conducted the inaugural survey of spa facilities in the Philippines and found the industry has grown 74% since 2003, with 87 spas currently open and operating. The research achieved anÂ excellent response rate of 54% of all spas in the Philippines, enabling very reliable industry benchmarks to be calculated. The report, entitled Spa Industry Profile Philippines 2003-2007, features over 500 quantitative statistics on the Philippines spa market as well as supporting qualitative trends and observations from spa owners and managers. It is a valuable tool for businesses competing in, or supporting the Philippinesâ€™ spa industry, to more accurately develop and plan spa-related products, services, campaigns and initiatives.
Some key industry totals and averages extracted from the report include:
- Intelligent Spas identified 87 spa facilities located in the Philippines.
- 76% of spas are stand-alone day spas and 20% are spas located in hotels and resorts.
- The average indoor area of spa facilities was 609 square metres.
- 52% of the total spa space was allocated to treatment rooms.
- Spas contained 10.9 treatment rooms on average, making them the largest across the Asia Pacific region.
- 70% of spas provided a relaxation room.
- Aromatherapy was practised by 97% of spas.
- Baths with water and/or air jets were offered by 54% of respondents.
- One hour body wraps were priced from PHP 1418, on average.
- Herbal tea was the most common complimentary food or beverage item provided by spas, with 62% offering it to visitors.
- 35% of spas surveyed noticed there are more spas opening in hotels and resorts.
â€œThe excellent response rate enabled the survey results to be broken down by stand-alone day spas versus spas located in hotels, resorts and retreats (destination spas) for more accurate benchmarking and analysisâ€ explained Julie Garrow, Managing Director of Intelligent Spas.
Some findings include:
- Day spas contained more treatment rooms than destination spas.
- Plunge pools were more commonly found in destination spas.
- Day spas were more likely to provide body wraps.
Michael Verikios - Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Incoming search terms:
- spa industry in the philippines
- Spa industry statistics in the philippines
- spa industry trends in the philippines
- history of spa in the philippines
- industry size and growth of spa in philippines
- philippines salon industry
- spa industry profile philippines
- spa industry statistics in philippines
- survey of philippines spa