Vigan Empanada Recipe
Empanada is one of my favorite street food in Vigan, Just walk around and you will see empanada merienda everywhere. If in case you want to try cooking empanada for your friends…..
Below are the ingredients and easy-to-follow steps.
(For casing): rice flour, egg or longganisa, orange food color, water, oil (for greasing), oil (for frying)
(For filling): grated green papaya (blanched & squeezed with salt to extract bitter taste), parboiled mongo, salt, ground pepper (optional), monosodium glutamate (MSG), garlic, vinegar-chili dip
1. Using the basic piecrust preparation technique, prepare the rice-flour wrapper
2. For the filling, sautÃ© garlic in small amount of oil.
3. Add grated papaya, cooked and shelled mongo, salt, pepper, and monosodium glutamate to enhance taste.
4. Cook until done. Set aside.
5. Spoon out 2-3 tablespoon filling and add a piece of fresh egg or longganisa into prepared rice flour wrappers.
6. Seal the sides. Deep fry in a preheated frying pan with oil for 10-15 minutes.
Serve hot with vinegar-chili dip.
Incoming search terms:
- ilocos empanada recipe
- vigan empanada recipe
- vigan empanada
- empanada ilocos recipe
- paano gumawa ng empanada
- empanada vigan recipe
- ilocos empanada dough recipe
- vigan empanada dough recipe
- ilocano empanada recipe
- how to make vigan empanada